Many organizations have a long and lengthy process becoming a volunteer. At the Aspire Movement, we have leveraged technology and best practices to make on-boarding as streamlined as possible. Please see the instructions below if you desire to learn more about becoming a mentor.
The Role of a Life-on-Life Mentor:
- Walk with a young person and develop an ongoing one-on-one relationship
- Serve as a role model, advocate, advisor and friend
- Listen well
- Be respectful of differences
- Meet with your student face-to-face at least twice monthly
- Communicate with your student via phone call, text, email, or letter at least twice monthly
- Pray for your student on a regular basis
- Make a 2 year commitment with the hopes that you will continue until they graduate high school
Requirements to Mentor:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Complete an Aspire Movement Mentor application.
- Complete an online background check. You will be required to pay $22.95 for the cost of the background check and will not receive a copy of the background check results.
- Attend a one-hour mentor training & interview. (After we receive your application, we will reach out to you to schedule a training session that is convenient for you.)