Many organizations have a long and lengthy process becoming a volunteer. At the Aspire Movement we have leveraged technology and best practices to make on boarding very streamlined. Please see the instructions below if you desire to learn more about becoming a mentor at one of our schools or ministry partners.
The Role of a Mentor:
- Walk with a young person and develop an on-going, one-to one relationship
- Serve as a role model, advocate, advisor and friend
- Be a good listener
- Be respectful of differences
- Meet with your student face-to-face at least twice monthly
- To communicate with your student via phone call, text, email, or letter at least twice monthly
- Pray for your student on a regular basis
- Make a 2 year commitment with the hopes that you will continue until they graduate high school (Long term commitment is not a requirement at Grace House-we'll explain more at training)
Requirements to Mentor:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Complete an Aspire Movement Mentor application CLICK HERE
- Complete an on line background check CLICK HERE. You will be required to pay $22.95 for the cost of the background check and will not have an opportunity to receive a copy of the report once it has been completed.
- One of our staff will contact you once we receive your application to schedule a training session that is convenient for you.
- Attend one-hour mentor training & Interview
*The requirements for becoming a small group mentor are the same for Life on Life mentors*
For more information about becoming a mentor, contact Jason Williams at 205-568-7575 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org